Part: Honda CB450 / CB500 / CB550 Fork Seals: EZ Install
Why You Need This Part: Fork seals replacement is the key to a proper fork rebuild; however, standard style fork seals can be tough to install on your Honda CB450 / CB500 / CB550. Do not worry though we are here to help! Our EZ install fork seals make this daunting task much simpler. No special tools or drivers are necessary and fork seals can even can be installed with the fork tubes still in the triple tree. This is particularly beneficial in case you are working on your Honda CB450 / CL350 / CB500 / CB550 in a place without workbench access (like in the driveway or on the streets - yes, we have done it ourselves). The EZ install fork seals are made in the USA and carry a lifetime warranty. One kit per bike. Finish your fork rebuild with some dust boots, or fork gaiters and our tapered roller steering bearing your front suspension and steering will be better than new.
Note: CB450 and CL450 models used various fork designs during their production run. Make sure to pick the proper seal size for your model. If in doubt contact us for help.
- CB450 K1-K3* / CL450 K1-K4 use 35mm x 46mm seals
- CB450 K3*-K7 / CL450 K5-K6 / CB500T use 35mm x 48mm seals
- CB500 A-K2 / CB550K / CB550F use 35mm x 48mm seals
- SL350 K2 use 35mm x 48mm seals
*CB450K3 models had a fork change mid production, the outer diameter of the seal must be measured to ensure the correct size is ordered.
Installation Tip: Lubricate the seals with fork oil during installation. Factory spec on the fork oil varies on model, see list below. ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) is the factory specification for fork oil which is approximately 5W. We recommend a motorcycle specific fork oil: 10W (under 200 lbs rider) to 15W (200+ lbs rider) motorcycle. By using a heavier weight fork oil the front end of your bike well be will firmed up for better handling.
Fork Oil Capacity:
- CB450 / CL450 K1-K2: 290CC / 9.8 Oz. per leg
- CB450 / CL450 K3-K4: 225CC / 7.6 Oz. per leg
- CB450 K5 / CL450 K5-K6: 160cc / 5.4 Oz. per leg
- CB450 K6-K7: 140cc / 4.7 Oz. per leg
- CB500T: 140cc / 4.7 Oz. per leg
- CB500K: 170cc / 5.75 Oz. per leg
- CB550K& F: 190cc / 6.4 Oz. per leg