Part: Honda CB350 / CB360 / CB450 Shockwave Electronic Ignition System
Why You Need This: For years we have been looking for a quality electronic ignition system for our beloved Honda twin cylinder motorcycles. After testing several market offerings, the shortcomings quickly became clear. If we wanted an electronic ignition system for the Honda CB and CL motorcycles we needed to design our own. After 3 years of R&D and over 10,000 real road miles of testing, we are proud to present to you the Shockwave Electronic Ignition System. The Shockwave replaces ignition points and condensers for the Honda CB350, CL350 Scrambler, SL350 / CB360, CL360 Scrambler, CJ360 / CB450, CL450 Scrambler or CB500T series of motorcycles. Never change or adjust points again. The Shockwave allows for more accurate and stable ignition timing which means your bike will start easier, and run smoother especially at idle speeds.
- Integrated LED's for static ignition timing and system operation motoring
- Epoxy Sealed electronic components for resistance to heat and moisture
- High temp silicone covered stainless wires (on sensors)
- Complete mounting system for seamless clean installation on your bike
- Easy electrical connection with minimal modifications
- Electronic components manufactured in Europe / Machined aluminum parts made in Houston, TX USA
- Advance / Retard index marks on sensor plate for easier adjustment
- Works with stock ignition coils
- Retains the factory spark advance mechanism
- Fits under the factory points cover
- Full 12 month warranty (from day of delivery)*
1) *Warranty is only valid if bike is running a Common Motor #3023 combo regulator rectifier (besides you should be running one anyway as it is the single best electrical upgrade you can do to your bike!) If you have not upgraded yet, you can purchase one now with the Shockwave at a discount price. Early CB350's & CL350's and CB450's do not have a voltage regulator and later bikes that are equipped with one are very prone to failure. A voltage spike from a defective original (or non-existent) voltage regulator can potentially damage the electronic components of the Shockwave. Hence our requirement for a new unit to be in place to avoid such damage.
2) The Shockwave will work with stock ignition coils with a minimum resistance of 3.5 ohms. If you want to put a fresh set in with your Shockwave you can also purchase a set at a discount price as well. Note that our "regular" spark plug boot can work on the Honda CB450/500T but it will be snug. We suggest the angled spark plug boot for a better fit. A new set of spark plugs will round out the package.
Installation Tip: Watch all the installation videos to make the process as easy as possible. You will need a set of feeler gauges to set sensors positions. A strobe style automotive timing light is recommended to check the final ignition timing once the engine is running.
Installation & Technical Documentation Download & Videos