Part: Honda Front Fork Tube Cap Bolt for Honda CB175K7 / CL175K7 Scrambler | CB200 / CL200 Scrambler | CB360 / CJ360 / CL360 | CB450 / CL450 Scrambler | CB500 / CB550 | CB750 motorcycles. Sold Individually.
Why You Need This: When rebuilding the front forks on your vintage Honda CB175 / CB200 / CB450 / CB500 / CB550 / CB750 motorcycle you may find a couple of rusty, chewed up, broken fork cap bolts looking right at you. You see them sitting there, on top of your fork tubes, dulling the shine of your newly installed, dazzling fresh front fork shock absorbers. Then, in other cases, some new barn find owners might find them completely missing. Since we understand the frustration this may cause we offer you these new, beautiful front fork tube cap bolts to help bring your ride to its tip top shape.
The front fork cap bolts come in three different styles:
- #8058: Hollow fork top bolt for 33mm forks. Used on motorcycles with forks that have an internal spring without a damping rod.
- Honda CB175K7, CL175K7; CB200, CB200T, CL200; CB360, CB360G, CJ360T, CL360
- #8043: Hollow fork top bolt for 35mm forks. Used on motorcycles with forks that have an internal spring without a damping rod.
- Honda CB450K3, CB450K4; CB500T; CB550F, CB550K1; CB750
- #8042: Solid, threaded cap bolt for 35mm forks. Used on motorcycles with damping-rod forks.
- Honda CB450K5, CB450K6, CB450K7; CL450K5, CL450K6; CB500K1, CB500K2
Each cap bolt is sold individually and includes a new o-ring. Two caps are needed per bike - one per fork.
Installation Tip: We recommend using a 6-point socket wrench to install the cap bolt to make sure it doesn't get scratched up. Be sure to look up the specific torque specs for the model of motorcycle that you're working on.